Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My 9 Favorite Things from E3

9 is the magic, arbitrary number to the things I liked out of E3!

Dance Central Appears: A Meme Is Born
There is no image macro for how I'm feeling about this, and that's a bad thing.





3DS Is Unveiled
Now we finally know what it looks like. Too bad most of us don't know how the 3D feels unless you get a demo unit in your hands.

Kirby Spins Us An Epic Yarn
My favorite Nintendo franchise character returns cuter then ever and doing something that isn't sucking (not in the bad way though).





Metal Gear Rising Trailer
The press conference for Microsoft was pretty weak. This was pretty much awesome by comparison of everything else.





Xbox 360 S Gets Thrown In Our Faces
I pretty much have to put this on the list because I just got one Friday.

Zelda And The Skyward Sword Is Halfway between Twilight and Wind Waker
So people don't like Wind Waker? I'd prefer color over darkness any day. Skyward Sword makes a compromise.
Rock Band Is Finally About to Get Real
Tired of playing plastic Fisher-Price guitars to pretend songs? Now Pro mode actually nudges you in the direction of actually playing guitar peripherals that are actual guitars.

The 90s Called, They Want Mortal Kombat Back
Once upon a time, Mortal Kombat challenged Street Fighter for the spot as everyone's favorite fighting game. Then the year 2000 happened. Now, as if following Street Fighter IV's lead, it wants to come back and show us all what we've missed.

Everyone Forgets About the Vitality Sensor
Remember that gadget? Yeah, let's hold off on that for now and let the 3DS take center stage.

2 comments:

Jonathan Wheeler said...

No comment on Id's Rage? That's the one game that blew everyone away at E3.

Unknown said...

Sorry, this was just stuff I kept an eye out for. I heard about Rage from a friend but didn't actively seek it out. Now that someone else has brought it up though, I better go take a look!