Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Transition from Console Gaming to Pc Gaming

In the past, PC gaming intimidated me. I have all these numbers and specs to keep track of and I need enough of these numbers in order for my game to run properly on my pc. These questions just didn't exist on console gaming.

But this semester, I took a computer engineering class that familiarized me with everything that a good employee working at Fry's Electronics would be familiar with. So a month ago or so, I finaly took the plunge and bought myself a 512MB AGP video card for my pc. Its pretty old, so yeah, I had to get AGP. But where am I now?

Well, I've finally gotten rid of that stupid fear of messing up my pc after opening it up. An open pc isn't like an open flesh wound. Besides from dust building up and overexerting yourself on things like slots, I've learned in class that there's usually nothing to worry about when your pc is opened up.

I've thouroughly enjoyed Team Fortress 2 as I've had it for year but couldn't play it before. Now, I have new found confidence in opening up my pc again someday to upgrade more compenents to play Left 4 Dead and so forth.

Current specs
  • 2.7 Ghz Intel Pentium Processor
  • 1.5GB RAM
  • 512MB Nvidia 6300 AGP Card
Future goal
  • 3 Ghz Processor, most likely Intel
  • 2GB RAM
  • A New motherboard to support...
  • 1GB Video Card PCI-E Card

No comments: