Monday, April 13, 2009

The DSi and How My World Got Weirder

Over at my photo blog, things have gotten weird ever since I got my DSi, but not in a bad way.

When I got my DSi, I was optimistic about enjoying it. The biggest reason I think I'm gonna like it is because it'll use firmware updates. This may let the DSi stay up to date and make small, fresh tweaks. Not necessarily big changes like a new layout or something, but maybe small fixes like new picture altering options like colors and frames and fixes for maybe a difficult wifi connection.

Not to mention SD card support. Easy access to pictures (my laptop has a card reader), and possibilities to experienced hackers and home brewers.

Personally, I like the new DSiStore. The new games up for sale on the first day were really interesting in taking advantage of the camera. It's a little tricky getting it to recognize your face, but even Birds & Beans, a straight port of a Warioware mini game, is addictive.

No comments: