Friday, May 15, 2009

TF2 Jukes Us All With the Spy Update

After some lunch at In n Out, I head back to my computer to check on day 4 of the Sniper Update. I punch in the words in Firefox's handy Awesome Bar and expect one of two things: the sniper update on page 4 or Google giving me the sniper update as the first hit.

Neither. The first hit is a perplexing Spy Update link. Did I hit a virus? Is someone hack me? Shenanigans?

Lo and behold, the Spy from yesterday who discovered the joy of the Sniper's new Razorback shield had in turned backstabbed the Sniper thanks to the new Dead Ringer watch.

It's certainly has me excited even more then before. The Huntsman's bow sounded cool giving the Sniper more medium-range ability because sitting back in my Sniper perch and headshotting fools just isn't my thing. All in all, the Sniper is near the bottom of my game time ratio (mainly medic/soldier) but the Spy? He's near the bottom too but at least for good reason (I suck).

This hybrid class update will be the first of it's kind. Typically, there's a huge rush of one class rushes trying to get the achievements and unlock the new goodies. I see Valve didn't want half it's servers with people playing seriously get stuck with 6 snipers when you're on offense. With two classes with an update, there might just as many spies backstabbing just as many snipers. Like, cycle of life anyone?

No comments: