Monday, May 18, 2009

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Confirmed for the Wii: I Haven't Sold it Yet!

Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, the game everyone thought would never come to the U.S. is indeed coming and a playable version will be at E3 this year.

The amazing thing is that the rights to the characters in Tatsunoko belongs to somewhere around 12 or 13 companies. This is the reason Jump Ultimate Stars never came to the U.S. officially. But somewhere it's coming, so I'll be pitting Casshern against Ryu or even cooler, the mech from Lost Planet vs. Gatchaman (if I remember my animes correctly).

This is actually a much bigger deal then it sounds. My Wii has been devoid of activity for months. Not since Brawl will I enjoy something on my Wii. Madworld came and went, and Okami was just a port (still a good game, but still).

Is this a sign that Nintendo listens? We still don't know what prompted this sudden announcement, but maybe if the sales are good, it's a good indicator to what kind of games we want on the Wii.

No comments: