Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Capcom's big announcement somewhat iffy

For those who noticed, Capcom mentioned they had something big to announce on Monday last week. Well, it's Tuesday, so let's take a little ride in the time machine.

The problem with unknowns like this is that you don't know how high to set your expectations. I had no idea, but a friend of mine told me last Thursday that he heard from anonymous but reliable sources that they were going to announce Dino Crisis 3.

To me, Dino Crisis 3 sounded unlikely. I was about ready to call him on his sketchy sources he reassured me of the likelihood. "It's been leaked, trust me," he told me with a smug look. "They're just going to announce it for reals Monday!"

Dino Crisis to me, is an exceedingly obscure game. It's in the same vein as Resident Evil, but with dinosaurs instead of zombies. But it's finally dawned on me...

Dino Crisis 3 already exists, and it didn't deliver.

What did they announce?

Lost Planet 2.

Lost Planet was a good game. I played it, but I had no idea the sales it garnered warranted a sequel.

So, there we have it. I've gone from Dino Crisis 3, to a revelation, to Lost Planet 2.

No comments: