Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Play Testing Today

I'm eligible for select play testing of a game in it's beta stages and apparently I'll discuss games I've already played in a focus group as well. I think that's as far I can go in describing this. Why? Because I have to sign a confidentiality waiver before taking part in the testing.

I've taken media law as an undergraduate and understand most of these legal ramifications involved. As a journalist, we have certain freedoms to further our job of news and yet at the same time there are legal boundaries in place that keep journalistic integrity separate from things such as trade secrets, copyright, as well as press embargoes.

I guess I'll figure out what I can and can't talk about later tonight after my play testing finishes and I get a good look at what my contract entails.

No comments: