Monday, July 27, 2009

Wasteland Journals: Sarge

If my characters from Fallout 3 kept dairies, I'm pretty sure it would go like this...

Name: Sarge
Alignment: Neutral
Wasteland Occupation: Mercenary
Bio: When Sarge left the safety of the Vault, he quickly learned two things: 1) It's hard to make friends and 2) Money's the only friend you really need. Sarge quickly picked up a gun and made himself a gun for hire on the Capital Wasteland. He doesn't think too much about good or evil, or rather, he won't. He's only concerned about how he's getting paid.

Day 14: Picked up a distress signal from some Brotherhood Outcasts. Figured those guys always have some neat tech to shoot dudes with, so I'll help them out if they loan me one of their sweet laser rifles.

Day 16: Finally out of that simulation of "Operation: Anchorage" those Outcasts wanted me to finish. It was fun and all but knowing I was just a cog in the wheel of the American army was annoying. Luckily, the Outcast let me pick up the Chinese stealth suit that was locked in their vault. You know, after dealing with a slight mutiny and all.

Day 24: Deathclaws are getting more and more active nowadays. This stealth suit let's me skulk around and plug holes in the back of their skulls at least. Figured I'd put their corpses to good use and make me a Deathclaw gauntlet.

Day 25: I should probably lay off the gauntlet. It's easier to track me even when I'm invisible since this Deathclaw gauntlet just turns people into a fine red mist all over me.

Day 29: Hving som trubl typin. radiashun Poisinin hurt bRaiN. Pit have lots.

Day 31: Finally finished my business in The Pitt. The arena games in The Hole were murder on my body. Not only did those gladiators mean business, but my geiger counter was going crazy while I was in there. Luckily that's all I had to worry about. These so called "trogs" are pretty weak sauce compared to super mutants. Plus this silenced assault rifle called the Perforator works wonders with my lifestyle.

Day 44: Decided to take down a Mutant Behemoth on my way over to town. Decided to lay down a mine field of bottlecap mines and sprung the trap he set that would make him come barreling over the hill over. Stealth suit didn't fool him though, so I had to turn on a Stealth Boy. Boy do I love laying down mines and luring people over them!

Day 51: Heard from another merc one day how there's some nice swag down in Vault 106. Boy was he wrong. Air tastes purple and freaky hallucinations. Not going down there again! And all I have to show for it was this cheap bobblehead!

Day 55: Running out of ideas to make more money. Either I've already worked the contract or the person's dead. Well, I can either help get Project Purity running or head down south. Heard there's a steamboat. I think it's heading to Maryland or something.

No comments: